Home Forums Mount Isa Transition Fund

• Mount Isa Transition Fund

Posted by Deleted User on September 20, 2024 at 9:50 am

The Queensland Government is investing up to $50 million to support workers affected by the pending closure of Glencore’s Mount Isa copper mine and copper concentrator and the Lady Loretta zinc mine. The support package includes up to $20 million for an economic structural adjustment through the Mount Isa Transition Fund (MITF). A resource acceleration project of up to $30 million will be delivered by Queensland Treasury in conjunction with the Department of Resources. Glencore‘s other regional assets will remain operational.

About the fund

The fund aims to support job creation for the local workforce, strengthen the economy, liveability and community resilience in Mount Isa in the short-to-medium term. Projects will be considered for funding under two streams:

Initiatives that strengthen Mount Isa’s economy through immediate job creation and/or worker transition pathways.Initiatives that enhance Mount Isa’s attractiveness as a place for people to live and work.

How can I apply for the fund?

Interested applicants are encouraged to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to facilitate discussions with the department before submitting a detailed application.

Funding GuidelinesMount Isa Transition Fund – Round 1 Applicant Guidelines ( 560.4 KB)

Other relevant regional economic strategies include the North West Queensland Economic Diversification Strategy.

Visit the website to apply.

Image: Mount Isa Tourism

Deleted User replied 4 weeks ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.