My extensive 20+ years experience in various senior management positions in the Tourism Industry has helped me develop expertise in driving business growth along with exceptional analytical, organisational and interpersonal skills, achieving success in various areas.
My key achievements and experiences include:
– Spearheading the transformation of Tourism Australia’s 35 year old flagship travel distribution event, the $7 million Australian Tourism Exchange attracting 2000 delegates resulting in the highest ever event delegate satisfaction levels and reduced event costs to industry by over $ 2 Million. Delivered significant efficiency savings to partners that have reshaped the future of the event
– Leading the strategic development of the “Best of Australia” program, showcasing a range of special interest areas via the introduction of three initiatives – the Great Golf Courses of Australia, Great Walks of Australia and Ultimate Winery Experiences of Australia – plus refining of the Indigenous Tourism Champions Program. Collectively achieving in excess of $8 million in publicity over 3 years and a ROI of 14: 1 across these programs
– Marketing 17 tourism rating and accreditation schemes under a common quality accreditation banner to both consumers and tourism suppliers, achieving 25% awareness over the first two years.
– Refocusing TA’s online travel agent training program, the Aussie Specialist Program, supporting 25,000 travel agents on a global basis. Currently in the implementation phase. It is anticipated this will deliver a 10% operating efficiency, a 100% increase in revenue and a return on investment of approximately 1:20.
– Via targeted marketing and partnership activity generating a 50% increase in Japanese arrivals to effectively reversing the recent Japanese market declines of 20%.